Council Forms

My information, my rights

Before you begin...

This form is for you to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.

You'll need to provide proof of your identity and address to make sure someone else isn't trying to access your individual rights. You'll need to upload copies of two separate documents: evidence of your identity (from list A) and evidence of your address (from list B).

If you are acting on behalf of someone else you will need to upload proof of your identity and address and proof of their identity and address, along with a letter of consent giving you permission to complete this form on their behalf.

Acceptable documentation:

List A - Evidence of identity

Ideally either:
  • Current UK photo card driving licence, or,
  • Current signed passport
However, if you have neither driving licence nor passport then:
  • Birth OR marriage certificate, or,
  • Residence permit issued by Home Office to EU nationals on sight of own country passport

List B - Evidence of address

  • Current driving licence (if not already being used as evidence of identity), or,
  • Utility bill from a utility company sent to your current address (within 6 months), or,
  • Bank, building society or credit union statement (within 6 months), or,
  • Mortgage statement (within 6 months), or,
  • Local Authority Tax bills (within 12 months).

If you are the police requesting information on an individual please send the request to using your own designated form.